Update to version 0.3.44
- added instances, actually whole geometry engine was rewritten to work only on instances
- speed up
- normal maps
- added control on cautics, you can make fake caustics - glass materials will work like a fake glass except for first camera intersection (visible one). You can set which roughness value is border value for material to be caustic source. You can turn off bounce from caustic, it will render caustic but will deny any more light propagation from that caustic to scene. All of it is set on Render tab (first one). Also caustics should be redirected to GI buffer, so you can turn it off (Post tab) for the case of scene render difficulty.
- added fill algorithm choice - it allows to choose sequence for pixel filling
- added pseudorendering engine - "Intersections", which only eval first instersection and shades it to camera.
- added another filter - Box2 - no more big pixels on box filter
- Metropolis Light Transport temporarily does not work (due to instances)
- scene format changed a bit, old NOX scenes will not work (due to instances)
- fixed bug that made red appearance in Max 2012 realistic viewport
If you will have some problems with running it (crash on start) you may check these redistributables:
For Max 2010 and higher: