This tutorial goes through the basics of how to clean up a 3d model the size of New York city using 3ds max.
- We start by looking at the issues with imported 3d geometry.
- Using SiNi Software Forensic, we analyse the scene and fix general problems.
- We then fire up our flagship toolset IgNite for 3ds Max.
- A new plugin for IgNite, Sculpt is used to remove all double faces across every building on Manhattan.
- Finally, we bulk convert city blocks into 3d proxies, using IgNite and ProxSi, our universal proxy plugin.
All this is recorded in real-time and is completed in under 10 minutes.
Check out Forensic, IgNite, Sculpt and ProxSi on our website, www.sinisoftware.com.